Back to all Representative Matters
Mar 15, 2013
A&B Acts for Integrated Grain Processors Co-Operative Inc.
Aird & Berlis LLP has acted as general Canadian legal counsel to Integrated Grain Processors Co-Operative Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary, IGPC Ethanol Inc. The numerous areas where we have provided legal services and advice include equity organization; financing and refinancing; creation of a trading market; regulatory matters; land acquisition; and construction. In acting as general counsel to Integrated Grain Processors Co-Operative Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary, IGPC Ethanol Inc., A&B advises on ongoing regulatory compliance and disclosures, and the following matters:
- initially we advised on creating a corporate structure to facilitate the debt financing of more than $70 million to a syndicate led by Societe Generale (New York office), which facility was subsequently repaid by a combination of principal reductions and refinancing from other lenders;
- we advised on all of the material contracts to build and manage the ethanol production facilities (more than 15 material contracts);
- we advised and continue to advise on all gas distribution regulated matters in front of the Ontario Energy Board – five contested hearings;
- we established the first trading platform in Canada for shares of a co-operative; and
- we refinanced the original debt financing to facilitate future growth and capital distributions.
Original debt financing was more than $70 million, with government grants and support and equity aggregating an additional $50 million. The A&B team is led by Martin Kovnats (Capital Markets/Corporate Finance) and includes Dennis O’Leary and Scott Stoll (Energy and Environmental), Derek McCallum (Real Estate), Jill Fraser and Alyssa Keon (Financial Services), and James Leech and Jeffrey Merk (Capital Markets/Corporate Finance).