- Who To Contact
With extensive legal, technical and business experience, Aird & Berlis provides comprehensive legal services to industry participants seeking opportunities within and beyond Earth’s atmosphere. We guide our clients through the unique and complex challenges of operating in New Space, providing strategic and effective legal advice that enables our clients to confidently exploit the many opportunities in this rapidly expanding industry.
Our clients include an ever expanding roster of developers, manufacturers and sellers of rockets, satellites and constellations, aerospace products and technologies, drones, robotics, and propellants. We also advise financial institutions, investors, and governments that finance and partner with this ambitious industry.
Space Tech generally encompasses those companies that are advancing terrestrial, orbital and exploratory technologies and operations, and those that are adjacent, including satellite communications, positioning, navigation and intelligence, earth observation, launch systems, debris tracking, manufacturing, tourism and resource exploration, among many others. No matter your size or focus, our team is dedicated to understanding and relating to your bespoke business objectives, providing efficient and strategic means to arrive at the optimum result.
The Aird & Berlis Space Tech Group provides leading legal expertise and strategic advice in this specialized and rapidly growing industry. Our dedicated team draws on a breadth of experience to service our space tech clients in the following areas:
- Government contracts and regulatory affairs
- Procurement (including IT hardware, software, equipment and products)
- Commercial agreements and joint ventures, including teaming arrangements
- Industrial and Technological Benefits (credits)
- Mergers and acquisitions, including competition law
- Private equity, venture capital and strategic investments
- Public financings and stock exchange listing transactions
- Commercial lending and financing
- Project financing
- International, domestic and cross-border tax structuring
- Privacy and data security
- Intellectual property
- Litigation and dispute resolution