Estates, Trusts and Capacity Litigation
- Who To Contact
- Recent Developments
When it comes to disagreements involving estates, trusts, powers of attorney and capacity issues, the Aird & Berlis Estates & Trusts Litigation Group has the expertise and experience to deal with disputes efficiently and effectively.
For decades, our litigators have been successfully representing clients involved in a wide range of estate, trust, powers of attorney and related disputes, including numerous high-profile matters.
Our practitioners provide strategic legal counsel and representation in connection with:
- challenges to the validity of wills, trusts or powers of attorney;
- claims arising in the administration of estates and trusts;
- equalization claims under the Family Law Act;
- dependant support relief claims under the Succession Law Reform Act;
- claims against executors, trustees and attorneys for breach of trust;
- applications to the courts for advice and direction;
- proceedings to appoint, remove or replace trustees and guardians;
- applications to vary trusts and wills;
- the passing of accounts of executors, trustees and attorneys; and
- matters involving charities.
News itemFirm NewsAird & Berlis is proud to be recognized as one of the top professional advisers to high net worth individuals in Chambers and Partners’ High Net Worth 2022 guide, in the areas of Private Wealth Law (C...
News itemFirm NewsAird & Berlis is proud to be recognized as one of the top law firm advisors for international private wealth in Chambers HNW 2021.
News itemAird & Berlis is pleased to announce that partner Archie Rabinowitz and associate Holly Cunliffe have joined the firm as members of our Estates & Trusts Group.
News itemFirm NewsAird & Berlis is proud to be recognized as one of the top law firm advisors for international private wealth in Chambers HNW 2020.
News itemFirm NewsAird & Berlis is proud to have 36 members of the firm recognized as leading practitioners in the 2019 edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.
News itemFirm NewsThe third edition of Shareholders' Agreements: A Tax and Legal Guide will be published by CCH Canadian Limited in June 2009. Authors of this edition include tax lawyers Jack Bernstein, Stuart Bol...