- Who To Contact
- Recent Developments
The effects of climate change and related legislation and regulations is a critical operational issue for many businesses across the province. Enterprises require strategic business and legal solutions to comply with new rules and take advantage of possible opportunities.
The Aird & Berlis team of Energy Law experts is well-informed and committed to guiding clients through every step of their immediate and long-term initiatives aimed at reducing their carbon footprint.
We work collaboratively with you to ensure compliance with the evolving decarbonization of the economy and to assist you in transitioning your commercial arrangements to reflect this new business reality.
With expertise in the energy field and a business-minded approach, we help clients navigate the complexities of climate change by:
- offering counsel on the impact that new legislation will have on existing contracts
- advising emitters on reporting and complying with regulatory requirements
- guiding companies through expansions resulting from carbon pricing and other carbon reductions, such as facilitating credit transfer agreements and program compliance reviews
- addressing new issues and ongoing challenges associated with carbon offset and emissions trading markets
- advising on low-carbon projects, including RNG and hydrogen
- advising private and public sector clients on renewable energy strategies, investments in clean technologies, adoption of lower carbon fuel consumption, and participation in carbon capture and storage programs
Who We Help
The energy sector is constantly evolving. Political transitions and new legislation and regulations affect all energy sector participants. We pride ourselves on not simply remaining current, but also staying ahead of the curve to avoid obstacles and optimize opportunities for our clients.
Our team of experienced energy lawyers has built a reputation for providing practical advice, inventive solutions and exceptional service to a wide range of clients, including:
- Government agencies
Proposed Climate-Related and ESG Disclosure Requirements: Insights and Guidance for Junior Mining IssuersSince the proposed National Instrument 51-107 Disclosure of Climate-related Matters and its Companion Policy 51-107CP Disclosure of Climate-related Matters (collectively, the “Proposed Instrument”) wa...
EnergyInsiderIn the energy sector, the Ontario government announced a number of initiatives in 2020 to help those who were struggling to pay their energy bills as a result of COVID-19. However, a few other issues ...
EnergyInsiderAird & Berlis partners Fred Cass, Ron Clark and David Stevens are among the leading lawyers named in the Lexpert Special Edition: Energy 2020.
Firm NewsAird & Berlis partners Fred Cass, Ron Clark and David Stevens are among the leading lawyers named in the Lexpert Special Edition: Energy 2020.
Firm NewsAird & Berlis is proud to have 36 members of the firm recognized as leading practitioners in the 2019 edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.