- Professional Involvement
- Representative Matters
With an MBA and years of business experience, Jesse is a trusted advisor in both the legal and corporate context. He is skilled at identifying blind spots and structuring business relationships to ensure continued growth of his clients’ enterprises. Jesse prides himself on being an integrated part of the team and a valuable voice in internal discussions.
Jesse acts for sellers and for strategic and financial buyers in complex private M&A transactions across all sectors including technology, logistics, financial services, food and beverage, gaming and professional services. He also advises Canadian and international clients on business formations and reorganizations, shareholder disputes, debt financing and regulatory matters. In his debt financing practice, Jesse primarily represents banks and institutional lenders providing acquisition, real estate development and working capital financing.
- Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations
- Represented Circle Surrogacy, LLC, an investee company of Cortec Group Fund VII, L.P., a private equity fund based in New York, in the Canadian aspects of its acquisition of Donor Concierge Inc.
- Represented Stonebridge Financial Corporation, a Toronto-based financial services firm with a focus on financial advisory and arranging of project financings in the infrastructure and energy sectors, in the onboarding of new officers to its executive leadership team.
- Represented a Canadian private equity firm in a series of transactions to acquire justice, transportation, public housing and national defense P3 projects from various vendors and the subsequent sale of part of its portfolio to a global asset management company.
- Advised the shareholders of Suncoast Seafood Inc. and Raymond O’Neill & Son Fisheries Ltd. in connection with the disposition of their shares to ACON Equity Management, L.L.C., a U.S. private equity firm situated in Washington D.C., for $110 million.
- Represented a US bank in commercial lending transactions within the Canadian technology sector.
- Represented a UK-based leading global cloud solution provider, in the acquisitions of multiple Canadian cloud providers.
- Represented a Canadian health benefits technology company in its acquisition by a multinational health benefits company.
- Represented an investor in production financing of multiple motion pictures.
- Represented a US private equity firm in the acquisition of a leading Canadian developer and manufacturer of LED lighting products.
- Represented a Canadian licensed cannabis producer in its acquisition by an Australian public company.
- Represented a solar power aggregator in the acquisition of a portfolio of projects using debt financing.
- Represented an out-of-home advertising company in its sale to a public media company.
- JD, University of Toronto, 2012
- MBA, University of Toronto Rotman School of Management, 2012
- BA, Indiana University, 1991