- Awards & Recognition
- Professional Involvement
- Selected Speaking Engagements
Jennifer’s extensive business law experience and dedication to providing creative solutions make her a trusted advisor to any client team. She advises on mergers and acquisitions and the negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements. Clients rely on her to provide strategic advice on domestic, cross-border and international matters.
Jennifer is a partner in the firm’s Corporate/Commercial Group and Co-Chair of the Sports, Media & Entertainment Group. Her practice focuses on a broad range of corporate law matters, including mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, divestitures and day-to-day corporate advice. Jennifer works with private sector clients across a variety of industries, including retail, packaged goods, hospitality, manufacturing, energy, transportation, technology, healthcare, insurance, sports and media.
Jennifer has been recognized as one of Lexpert’s Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 and is listed in Best Lawyers in Canada for Corporate Law. She is a frequent speaker on matters relating to corporate law and governance, leadership and gender equity, and is an officer of the International Bar Association’s Women’s Leadership Group.
Jennifer’s passion for sports law is driven by her own experience competing at the national and international levels. She serves on many boards and holds key leadership positions in the sporting world. Jennifer is the immediate past-Chair and an executive member of the Board of Tennis Canada, a member of the Davis Cup Committee, a member of the Holt Xchange Sports and Media Fund Advisory Board and, in 2020, was appointed to one of the most prestigious committees of the International Tennis Federation, the Billie Jean King Cup Committee. Jennifer fuels her passion for giving back to sport as Chair of the Board of the Doug Philpott Inner-City Children’s Tennis Foundation, the only tennis charity in Canada dedicated exclusively to children in priority needs neighbourhoods serving over 8,500 participants each year. In 2022, she was inducted into the Newfoundland and Labrador Tennis Hall of Fame as an athlete and builder.
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in the area of Corporate Commercial Law
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Law, 2021-2023
- Recognized as one of Lexpert’s Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40, 2010
- Recipient, J.W. Whiteside Award for outstanding commitment and service to the Faculty of Law, Legal Professional and Community, 1999
- Officer, Women’s Leadership Group, International Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Women in Sports and Events
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association (Business Law, Corporate Counsel)
- Advisory Board, Holt Xchange Media, Sports & Entertainment Fintech Fund
- Member, International Tennis Federation, Davis Cup Committee
- Executive Board Member, Tennis Canada
- Chair of the Board of Directors, The Doug Philpott Inner-City Children’s Tennis Fund
- Member, International Tennis Federation, Billie Jean King Cup Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors, Toronto Swim Club, 2017 – 2019
- Past President of the Board of Directors, Toronto Lawn Tennis Club, 2016 – 2017
- Member of the Advisory Board, Smiling Land Foundation, 2008 – 2014
- Member of the Board of Directors, Live to Give Relief Organization (Dress for Success), 2009 – 2010
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Co-Chair, United Nations 67th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women, March 13, 2023.
- Panellist, "Embracing Equity in the Leadership of Sport," Said Business School/Oxford University International Women's Day Panel, March 8, 2023.
- Event Host, "Women Owning Court," ONcourt, March 4, 2023.
- Speaker, "Finding Your Forward: Gender Equity in Sport," SponsorshipX, Montreal, Quebec, November 23, 2022
- Speaker, UNMATCHED Gender Equity in Sports Conference featuring Billie Jean King, Presented by Tennis Canada & National Bank, Toronto, Ontario, August 10, 2022
- Speaker, "Women in Sports Law," Osgoode Sports and Entertainment Law Association, Toronto, Ontario, February 14, 2022
- Speaker, “Boardroom Skills and Influence,” International Tennis Federation Advantage All Seminar Series, July 15, 2021
- Keynote Speaker, University of Toronto Rotman School of Management, Sports Business Association Annual Conference, Toronto, Ontario, March 2021
- Speaker, “Closing the Gender Gap,” Global Leaders 4 Parity Virtual Conference Series, Women in Governance, July 2020
- Speaker, “Future Prooﬁng Tennis in an Era of Accelerated Transformation,” International Tennis Federation Annual General Meeting, Lisbon, Portugal, September 2019
- Speaker, “Insights From Roads Well-Travelled – A Panel of Levelers, Disruptors and Alchemists Talks Success in Navigating Advancement in Today’s Legal Environment,” International Bar Association Conference, Rome, Italy, October 2018
- Roundtable, “The Time is Now,” Moderated and Presented by The Law Society of England & Wales International Group, International Bar Association Conference, Rome, Italy, October 2018
- Speaker, “Cracking the Glass Ceiling,” World Women’s Lawyer’s Conference, International Bar Association Conference, London, UK, April 2018
- Speaker, “Resilience Under Pressure, Thriving or Surviving in the Legal Profession,” International Bar Association Conference, Sydney, Australia, October 2017
- Speaker, “Departures and Lateral Hires of Partners,” International Bar Association Conference, Sydney, Australia, October 2017
- Speaker, “Law in a Changing World – How Women Contribute to Innovation,” International Bar Association Conference, Washington, D.C., September 2016
- Speaker, 3rd Annual “Forward Together” Conference (in association with American Express, Catalyst, Corus, Dentsu Aegis, Facebook, Exact Media, Google, P&G, Pepsi Co, Salesforce and Telus), Toronto, Ontario, May 2016
- LLB, University of Windsor, 1999
- BA, University of South Florida, 1993