CPD for Lawyers: 1 Substantive Hour
Bill 23, Ontario's More Homes Built Faster Act, received royal assent on November 28, 2022. The Act amends the Ontario Heritage Act and its regulations to reduce red tape and remove barriers that are slowing down housing construction and other priority projects, while continuing to conserve heritage properties that matter most to local communities.
In the second of this four-part series breaking down the impact of these legislative changes, Leo Longo and Matthew Helfand of Aird & Berlis will discuss how Bill 23 impacts site plan agreements. Bruce Peever of KPMG Canada will discuss how small cities and rural municipalities can improve the speed and quality of their permitting processes while achieving great community building outcomes.
- Complete application requirements from Bill 109
- New restrictions in place for the scope and content of site plans
- New exclusions as to what constitutes "development"
- Status and enforceablitity of existing site plan agreements
- What a "streamlined" planning and development application approval process looks like
If you are unable to attend the live webinar, but are interested in accessing the archive for on-demand viewing,
please click on the registration button to be added to the archive mailing list.
For information regarding our webinars and communications, please contact:
Adrian Babrikels Munoz | firstname.lastname@example.org | 416.863.1500 x2541