Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) is a code of practices and procedures designed to ensure safety in the workplace. Owners, constructors, employers, supervisors and workers are all bound by the Act. Charges and penalties could result if there is failure to comply.
The Occupational Health & Safety Team at Aird & Berlis LLP is well-versed in the OHSA. We work with clients in various industries to create solutions that achieve legislative compliance and manage risks. We strive to ensure our clients avoid costly litigation.
Our team provides comprehensive and strategic counsel with respect to occupational health and safety issues, such as:
- OHSA compliance
- Workplace audits
- Policies and procedures
- Training for senior executives, managers and supervisors
- Health and safety inspections
- Critical injuries and fatalities
- Occupational health and safety violations
- Implementing and improving occupational health and safety programs
Our main goal is to ensure health and safety within the workplace. We accomplish this by providing cost-effective legal advice of the highest quality to our clients.