- Awards & Recognition
- Professional Involvement
Francesco is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and a member of the Tax Group and Mergers & Acquisitions/Private Equity Group. His practice focuses on corporate transactions for both public and private companies in the domestic and international sphere.
Francesco’s clients rely on his sophisticated knowledge of domestic and international tax to further their business objectives. A prolific writer and speaker, he stays current on emerging issues and proactively works to keep his clients informed of opportunities and potential challenges.
Francesco has extensive experience in areas of corporate mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and divestitures, divisive reorganizations, structured finance, income funds, REITs, structuring Canadian inbound investment, private equity investment, structuring executive compensation plans, partnership agreements and joint ventures. He frequently advises international clients on doing business in Canada.
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized in Chambers Canada as a top practitioner in Tax (Nationwide)
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Tax Law
- Recognized in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in the area of Corporate Tax
- Stikeman Elliott/Carswell National Tax Award for performance in courses related to taxation
- Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP Award in Advanced Taxation for performance in courses on advanced corporate taxation
- Gowlings LLP Prize in Securities Regulation for performance in courses on securities regulation
- Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP Prize for aggregate performance in all courses related to business and corporate law
- Francesco has written articles and spoken at different venues regarding cross-border and domestic tax issues.
- International Bar Association, Officer of the Taxes Committee
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- International Fiscal Association (U.S. and Canadian Branches)
- American Bar Association
The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy Comes Into Force
Tax Planning in a Down Market – Seize the Opportunities
Canada’s Emergency Wage Subsidy Provides Relief to Canadian Corporations
Double-Dipping in Canada: Prohibited by Law or Simply Poor Tax Etiquette?
Highlights of the 2018 Federal Budget
- LLB, University of Windsor, 2003
- BA (Hons), Queen's University, 2000