D&O Insurance Coverage for Private Companies
CPD for Lawyers: 1 Substantive Hour
Directors and officers of private companies face personal liability risk at common law and under various statutes. D&O insurance can mitigate that risk, while also providing private businesses with insurance coverage for claims arising from certain acts of directors and officers. Our cross-border and multi-disciplinary panel will provide an overview of the personal liability risk in Canada and the United States for directors and officers of non-public companies, available insurance options to address that risk, key considerations in placing D&O insurance, common issues in D&O coverage disputes and tips for maximizing insurance recoveries.
- Why private companies should consider D&O insurance
- Insurance coverage options for private companies
- Key considerations in getting the right D&O insurance coverage
- Typical issues in coverage disputes
- Tips for maximizing insurance recoveries