Condominium Development in Ontario: Legislative Updates, Best Practices and Market Trends
CPD for Lawyers: 2 Substantive Hours
Julie Di Lorenzo - President, Mirabella Development Corporation - A Diamante Legacy Company
Jennifer Shiller - Director | Stakeholder Relations, Tarion
Brenda Burjaw - Team Lead | Business Banking GTA West, Meridian Credit Union
Pauline Lierman - Vice President Market Research, Zonda Urban
The Ontario condominium development sector has experienced an unparalleled record of growth over the past decade, most notably in the last few years. This growth has been integral for increasing Ontario’s housing supply as the population continues to increase. In recent months, pressure has escalated to ensure the market remains sustainable and accessible over the long term. It is more important than ever for industry participants to have a comprehensive understanding of the sector, in terms of how it has evolved and exists today. Changes made to land-use planning legislation, lender’s conditions, the rising cost of development and supply chain disruptions have greatly impacted opportunities for owners, developers, lenders and investors.
Join us for an interactive presentation and panel discussion with an audience question-and-answer period. Gain insight into condominium development in the current marketplace and what to expect in the future.
- Material issues impacting development progress
- Quality control and innovation related to environmental initiatives
- Bridging the gap between sales and costs
- Community benefits charges and inclusionary zoning
- Overview of the Tarion application process, tips for a successful submission and pitfalls to avoid
- What and why lenders need to know about your development project, its status and its anticipated performance metrics
- Why track record and guarantees make a difference to the risk profile of a project
- Update on new multi-family development as the market moves into the busier fall months and beyond
For information regarding our webinars and communications, please contact:
Bryan Jones | email@example.com | 416.865.4745
Should you experience any technical difficulties, we encourage you to review this help link to assist you in having an optimal webinar experience.