Back to all events
Nov 29, 2018: 09:00 - 10:00
Practical Issues in Expropriation Following a Change in Ownership
Archive Now Available!
Once a plan of expropriation is registered, the legal title is transferred to the expropriating authority, but the owner may remain in possession of the property for some time. What happens between a change in ownership and before a change in possession can lead to various complications for key stakeholders. Join our panel of experts as they discuss the roles and responsibilities of owners, tenants, mortgagees, mortgagors and expropriating authorities during this period of transition.
- How does a change in ownership affect mortgagees and mortgagors?
- Following the transfer of a legal title, what happens to tenant leases?
- What role do tenants have? Should they still pay rent, and, if so, to whom?
- Which party is liable for insurance and property taxes?
- Who is responsible for property maintenance and security?
- Can an ‘owner’ vacate the property after the Plan is registered, but before the formal possession date? What then?
CLICK FOR ARCHIVE
Sandy Grigg - Negotiator/Project Management Consultant
Tim Park - Acting Director, Real Estate Services Division, City of Toronto
CPD for Lawyers: 1 Substantive Hour
A link to the archived material and CPD information will be emailed to registrants one week following the webinar. Please note that we do not provide CPD certificates as hours are self-reported.
If you are unable to attend the live webinar, but are interested in accessing the archive for on-demand viewing, please click on the registration button to be added to the archive mailing list.
For information regarding our webinars and communications, please contact:
Harpreet Brar | email@example.com | 416.863.1500 x2063
Should you experience any technical difficulties registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.