When it comes to disagreements involving estates, trusts, powers of attorney and capacity issues, the Aird & Berlis Estates & Trusts Litigation Group has the expertise and experience to deal with disputes efficiently and effectively.
For decades, our litigators have been successfully representing clients involved in a wide range of estate, trust, powers of attorney and related disputes, including numerous high-profile matters.
Our practitioners provide strategic legal counsel and representation in connection with:
- challenges to the validity of wills, trusts or powers of attorney;
- claims arising in the administration of estates and trusts;
- equalization claims under the Family Law Act;
- dependant support relief claims under the Succession Law Reform Act;
- claims against executors, trustees and attorneys for breach of trust;
- applications to the courts for advice and direction;
- proceedings to appoint, remove or replace trustees and guardians;
- applications to vary trusts and wills;
- the passing of accounts of executors, trustees and attorneys; and
- matters involving charities.