Whether you are a business owner embarking upon an expansion through a franchise distribution model, a new franchisor or a distributor of products or services, you require legal professionals with a high degree of expertise and experience to guide you through the increasingly complex world of franchising.
Our lawyers have represented some of the world’s foremost franchises and have provided legal services to Canadian and international clients on all aspects of Canadian franchise law. We assist our clients with all their franchise, distribution and licensing matters, including:
- Purchase and sale of individual units or complete franchise systems
- Master franchising and area development agreements
- Concept and strategy surrounding a new franchise
- Contract drafting and negotiation, including franchise agreements and shareholder agreements
- Creation of a Franchise Disclosure Document
- Marketing and administrative procedures around disclosure
- Franchise resales
- Formation and administration of franchisee associations
- Dispute management and litigation
- Regulatory and statutory compliance
- Interprovincial and international franchising
- Intellectual property protection and licensing
The members of our group also have experience in other areas of practice which are affected by franchising, such as labour and employment, workplace health and safety, environmental and competition, to name a few.