Aird & Berlis is a leading legal advisor to REITs across Canada. Our multidisciplinary REIT team is composed of leading lawyers from practice areas such as capital markets, corporate commercial, real estate, tax, municipal and land use planning, investment management and restructuring.
We have significant experience advising on all legal matters for public and private REITs, as well as Income Trusts and Foreign Asset Income Trusts (FAITs), including:
- Formations and structuring
- Equity and debt offerings (investment grade bonds and debentures)
- Special Interest Flow-Through (SIFT) rules analysis and opinions
- Tax issues
- Acquisitions, dispositions and leasing
- Mortgage investments corporations and mortgage investment trusts
Clients also turn to us for leadership in innovative deal structuring and ongoing advice on corporate governance and securities compliance matters.