Admitted to the Ontario Bar: 2021
- Professional Involvement
- Selected Speaking Engagements
- Selected Publications
Sairam has more than 12 years of experience in the technology and corporate commercial space. He has acted as corporate counsel for Fortune 500 companies, helping them solve traditional and emerging technology-related legal issues. Sairam’s technology expertise includes large-scale outsourcing, software licensing, managed services and non-linear delivery models involving the SMAC stack (social, mobility, analytics and cloud). Combined with his in-depth knowledge of corporate/commercial law, Sairam provides outstanding value for his clients.
Sairam is a member of the firm’s Corporate/Commercial and Technology Groups. His practice focuses on technology and privacy in both transactional and advisory capacities. He is also responsible for drafting and negotiating a variety of non-technology-based agreements.
Sairam has written for
Canadian and foreign legal publications such as The Lawyer’s Daily, CBA
National magazine and Bar & Bench on topics such as privacy,
technology regulations, cyber security and blockchain.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Section Executive, Information Technology & Intellectual Property Law Section, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Technology Law Association
- Member, ITech Law Association
- Volunteer, NCA Network
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Rotman Commerce Law Association Lawyer Panel, University of Toronto, March 11, 2023.
- "Discussion on the Metaverse: Part 3," Aird & Berlis LLP Technology Webinar, February 14, 2023.
- "Discussion on the Metaverse: Part 2," Aird & Berlis LLP Technology Webinar, January 17, 2023.
- "Discussion on the Metaverse," Aird & Berlis LLP Technology Webinar, November 1, 2022.
- Author, "What the Private Sector Should Not Forget About the Right to be Forgotten," Canadian Privacy Law Review, March 2023.
- Co-author, "What Changes to Foreign Investment Laws Mean for the Technology Industry," Aird & Berlis LLP, February 2023.
- Author, "'Tech-ing' Stock of 2022 – A Synopsis of Key Developments in Canadian Technology Law," Internet and E-Commerce Law in Canada, February 2023
- Author, "Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Vehicles and Canadian Law," Lexpert Legal Insights, December 16, 2022
- Author, "Rethinking Liability Regimes for AI-Related Claims – Should Canada Follow Europe?" Internet and E-Commerce Law in Canada, December 2022
- Author, “Re-imagining Privacy in Times of Covid-19,” The Lawyer’s Daily, May 26, 2020
- Author, “Strengthening Government’s Directive on Artificial Intelligence,” OBA Newsletter, September 23, 2019
- Author, “Know Before You Fly,” CBA’s National Magazine, September 17, 2019
- Author, “Thin Line Between Cybersecurity Certification, Compliance for SMEs,” The Lawyer’s Daily, September 3, 2019
- Co-author, “Amending PIPEDA: Case for Accountability Above Consent,” The Lawyer’s Daily, July 24, 2019
- Author, “The QuadrigaCX Collapse: Regulators Play Catch-up,” The Lawyer’s Daily, April 8, 2019
- Author, “What India’s New Export Control Regime Means for its Software Industry,” The Wire, April 11, 2018
- Author, “Copyrightability of Application Programming Interfaces: The Oracle-Google Case,” Bar and Bench, December 8, 2017
What Changes to Foreign Investment Laws Mean for the Technology Industry
What the Private Sector Should Not Forget About the Right To Be Forgotten
- BA LLB (Hons.), National University of Advanced Legal Studies, 2007