- Awards & Recognition
- Professional Involvement
- Representative Matters
Robb is a recognized expert in insolvency and restructuring, with over 35 years of experience. He offers strong leadership and direction that his clients can trust. Robb prides himself on remaining calm in difficult situations and providing succinct advice and a clear course of action.
Robb is well-respected as one of Toronto’s most prominent insolvency lawyers providing advice to financial institutions. Robb has extensive experience in insolvency proceedings of all kinds, in both domestic and cross-border cases. He has acted for banks, asset-based lenders and other financial institutions on matters pertaining to debt restructuring, security enforcement, receivership, CCAA and BIA reorganizations and related matters.
Robb has appeared at all levels of court, including appellate levels within the province of Ontario, and has extensive experience in matters on Toronto’s Commercial List.
As well as providing counsel to clients such as TD Bank, Bank of Montreal, Bank of Nova Scotia, HSBC, Wells Fargo and others, Robb has acted as independent counsel to all major Toronto firms acting in the capacity of Trustee, Receiver or Monitor in restructuring proceedings.
Awards & Recognition
- Recommended by Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business as a top practitioner in Restructuring/Insolvency (Canada) every year since 2005.
- Recognized in the The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in the area of Insolvency & Financial Restructuring - Insolvency Litigation
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada in Insolvency & Financial Restructuring Law and Banking & Finance Law
- Noted in The Legal 500 Canada for his expertise in the practice area of Restructuring and Insolvency
- Robb has lectured widely on behalf of the Canadian Institute, the Law Society of Ontario (bar admission course) and at the Annual Review of Insolvency Law.
- INSOL International
- Turnaround Management Association
- Commercial Financial Association
- Canadian Insolvency Foundation
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Robb acts as legal counsel to The Jennifer Ashleigh Foundation, which provides assistance to chronically ill children and their families.
- Twice a RIDE campaign leader for the RIDE for Juvenile Diabetes Research.
- Twice president of Weston Golf and Country Club.
Acting as lead counsel for the Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the liquidation and winding up of Oxford Advanced Imaging (a regulated provider of medical imaging services) under the Ontario Business Corporations Act.
Acting as lead counsel to the Bank of Nova Scotia in connection with asset-based revolving credit facilities in connection with the winding up of the retailer Clothing for Modern Times.
Acting as lead counsel to a secured lender as applicant in a creditor driven CCAA proceeding in respect of Gandi Innovations, and associated Chapter 15 proceedings in Texas.
Acting as lead counsel for Deloitte & Touche Inc. as Receiver of Thunder Bay Fine Papers.
Acting as lead counsel to Wachovia Capital Finance Corporation in respect of its loans to Multy Group, the subsequent CCAA restructuring of Multy Group and securing repayment of its loan.
Acting as lead counsel for KPMG Inc. in its capacity as Receiver of Corporate Cars as initiated by secured lenders of Bank of Nova Scotia and CIBC.
Acting as lead counsel to TD Bank in relation to the receivership of GBM, an auto parts supplier, and in negotiating accommodation agreements with other key industry players.
Lead counsel in the successful CCAA restructuring of National Sports, resulting in Canada’s first DIP loan, refinanced through one of Canada’s first asset based loans.
- LLB, Osgoode Hall Law School, 1978