Brent leverages his background in business and his perseverance and strong attention to detail to address his clients’ corporate and commercial issues. He enjoys guiding new business owners and companies through the legal hurdles associated with starting and growing a business and developing tailored solutions for each transaction.
Brent is a member of the firm’s Corporate/Commercial Group. His practice focuses on general corporate and commercial matters, and private mergers and acquisitions for start-up and mid-market companies.
- Acted for Chair-man Mills Corp. in connection with its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Contemporary Furniture Rentals Inc.
- Acted for Harvest One Cannabis Inc. in connection with the sale of its wholly owned subsidiaries Satipharm Limited, Satipharm AG and Phytotech Therapeutics Ltd. to the Cann Group Limited.
- Acted for Ontario Cannabis Holdings Corp. in connection with its three-cornered amalgamation with Trees Corporation.
- Acted for Fulcrum Capital Partners and Mobile Parts Inc. in connection with the sale of substantially all of Mobile Parts Inc.’s assets.
- Acted for Firsadate Inc. (Teleport) in connection with its seed financing round.
- Acted for Stalco Inc. in connection with the sale of the business to Canada Cartage.
- Acted for Akash Broadcasting Inc. in connection with its purchase of CKER-FM from Rogers Media Inc.
- Acted for White Owl Investment Holding Limited in connection with its purchase of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Inox Industries Inc.
- Acted for Beretta Farms Inc. in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets.
- Acted for Gertex Distributing Inc. in connection with its purchase of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Freepak Inc. (packaging and labelling company)
- Advised White Owl Investment Holding Limited on its significant minority investment in Calgary’s Foundation Automotive Corp., a consolidator of primarily OEM auto dealerships in the US.
- Acted for Great Lakes Trailer Rentals Inc. in its acquisition of a trailer rental and leasing company.
- Acted for Side Effects Software Inc. in connection with Epic Games, Inc. minority investment in the company.
Co-author, "The Unofficial Guide to the 1L and 2L Recruit," January 2021.
- JD, Western University, 2018
- HBA (with distinction), Ivey Business School, Western University, 2018