- Awards & Recognition
- Professional Involvement
- Selected Speaking Engagements
Pia-Lauren’s forward-thinking approach and scientific credentials allow her to understand the technological underpinnings of an invention as well as how the technology may evolve in the future. She looks at a product beyond its face value when drafting and developing patent applications to ensure its longevity and success in the marketplace.
Pia-Lauren is a registered patent agent in Canada and the United States with experience in the areas of patent application filing, drafting, prosecution and opinion work. She has a technical background in specialized areas of life sciences and medicine, including cellular biology, biochemistry, diagnostics, therapeutics and immunology.
She received a doctorate in immunology from McMaster University and went on to investigate early life biomarkers of allergic disease as a postdoctoral fellow at the university. Her work has been published in peer-reviewed journals and has been presented at conferences held in Canada and abroad.
Awards & Recognition
- Registered Patent Agent (Canada) (2019)
- Registered Patent Agent (United States) (2021)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Life Sciences Ontario
- Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization
Selected Speaking Engagements
- PhD, Medical Sciences, Infection and Immunity, McMaster University, 2013
- B.Sc. (Honours), Biochemistry, McMaster University, 2007