- Awards & Recognition
- Representative Matters
- Selected Speaking Engagements
- Selected Publications
Lynn is a driven lawyer with a strong background in business who thrives on helping clients navigate the complexities of their corporate and commercial issues to achieve their desired outcome.
Lynn is an associate in the firm’s Corporate/Commercial Group. She advises clients on general day-to-day corporate and commercial matters and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and corporate financings for private companies.
Lynn has been with Aird & Berlis since summering with the firm in 2017.
Awards & Recognition
- Class of 1967 Prize, 2019
- Law Society of Ontario Education Equity Award, 2019
- Blakes Scholar Award, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Goodmans Prize in Administrative Law and The McRuer Scholarship in Administrative Law, 2018
- Gowlings WLG Prize in Corporate Finance and Rocco Marcello Prize in Securities Law, 2018
- Julius Alexander Isaac Diversity Moot Best Factum Award, 2018
- University of Western Ontario Gold Medallist, 2016
Acted as Ontario and Quebec counsel to the purchaser in connection with the acquisition and financing of AFA Forest Products Inc., a leading and long-standing distributor for building products in Canada.
Advised Putman Investments Inc., a Canadian-based, family-owned enterprise, on its acquisition of Toys “R” Us and Babies “R” Us Canada from Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited.
Selected Speaking Engagements
“Maintaining Employee Mental Health through Digital Technologies,” co-authored with Lorway Gosse, Aird & Berlis LLP The Spotlight, May 8, 2020.
“BDC Provides Debt and Convertible Debt Relief Programs for SMEs and VC-Backed Companies Impacted by COVID-19,” co-authored with Aaron Bains, Aird & Berlis LLP Capital Markets Bulletin, April 17, 2020.
“Financial Services in the Time of COVID-19: Practical Considerations for Lenders When Dealing With Defaults,” Aird & Berlis LLP Financial Services Flash, April 3, 2020.
“Ontario Court Revisits Issue of Landlord Drawing on a Letter of Credit in Excess of BIA Preferred Claim,” co-authored with Sam Babe, Aird & Berlis LLP Financial Services Flash, February 13, 2020.
“Ontario Proposes to Ease Rule Against Payments to Charity Directors,” co-authored with Jeremy Burke, Aird & Berlis LLP publication, August 2, 2017.
“Local Startup Program Attracts Global Talent,” Aird & Berlis LLP StartupSource, July 10, 2017.
“Limitation Periods: When is Litigation Appropriate?,” Aird & Berlis LLP Litigation Bulletin, July 5, 2017.
Local Startup Program Attracts Global Talent
Limitation Periods: When is Litigation Appropriate?
- JD (with Honours), University of Toronto, 2019
- HBA (with Distinction), University of Western Ontario, Ivey Business School, 2016