- Awards & Recognition
- Professional Involvement
Lola is a registered patent agent in Canada and the United States, with a PhD in clinical biochemistry from the University of Toronto. Dedicated to her clients, she quickly grasps the nuances of their inventions. Her direct and focused approach leads to positive results for her clients.
Lola’s practice specialises in patent drafting and prosecution, strategic portfolio management, patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions and due diligence reviews.
She has a diverse practice involving fields such as biotechnology and life sciences, chemical sciences, cleantech, materials sciences, medical devices, nanotechnology and pharmaceuticals.
In the fields of biotechnology and life sciences, Lola’s specialist areas include molecular and cell biology, cancer therapeutics, genomics and proteomics, biochemistry, genetics, pharmacogenomics, vaccines and therapeutic antibodies, bioprocessing and biofuels, nutraceuticals, functional foods and biologics.
Life sciences include agricultural technologies such as genetically-engineered plant species, plant breeders’ rights protection, animal breeding technologies and novel and improved feeds for livestock and pets.
Pharmaceuticals includes drugs and biosimilars and pharma-related issues such as patent testing, patent enforcement and patent extension.
Environmental technologies include clean technology innovation such as bioplastics, biofuels, ethanol production technologies, clean water technologies, energy generation and storage, natural pesticides, next-generation wind technologies and solar energy.
Chemical sciences includes green technologies, nanotechnology, process chemistry and targeted drug delivery.
Lola also has a practice in industrial designs, recognising the growing global importance of industrial design protection.
She is an active member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) and the IPO Women in IP Committee. Locally, she is a member of the Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organisation and Life Sciences Ontario.
Awards & Recognition
- Registered Patent Agent (Canada)
- Registered Patent Agent (United States)
- Recognized in IAM Patent 1000 – The World's Leading Patent Professionals
- Recognized as a Global Leader in Who's Who Legal Global: IP - Patent Agents & Attorneys and as a National Leader in Who's Who Legal Canada: Patent Agents
- Lola's Master’s Degree was completed at the Banting Institute of Medical Research and her PhD was completed at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. During her studies, she gained extensive experience in pharmacology and molecular and cellular biology.
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle (FICPI)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (TIPG)
- PhD, Clinical Biochemistry, University of Toronto, 1995
- M.Sc., Pharmacology & Toxicology, University of Toronto, 1989
- B.Sc., Biology, McMaster University, 1986