Opportunities in the Canadian Cannabis Market: Licensing, Leasing and Land Use
Archive Now Available!
Legal recreational cannabis sales in Canada have long seemed like an unattainable dream, one which is becoming a lucrative reality. Cannabis stock values are surging, licensed producers are reaping huge gains and it appears that everyone wants a stake in this new and thriving sector. However, the legalities to enter the sector are dense and involve federal, provincial and municipal regulations. So what needs to be done in order to move forward with a cannabis-related business?
Join our panel of experts to learn about federal and provincial regulations, municipal zoning by-laws and the leasing matters that may affect your ability to cultivate or sell cannabis, or become a federal cannabis licence holder.
- Overview of recreational cannabis retail structure in each province
- Applying for a licence under the federal Cannabis Act
- Leasing issues from a landlord’s perspective: permitted use, additional costs and interests of third parties
- Leasing issues from a tenant’s perspective: landlord’s access and remedies
- Municipal land use controls
- Building and licensing regulations
CPD for Lawyers: 1 Substantive Hour
A link to the archived material and CPD information will be emailed to registrants one week following the webinar. Please note that we do not provide CPD certificates as hours are self-reported.
For information regarding our webinars and communications, please contact:
Harpreet Brar | firstname.lastname@example.org | 416.863.1500 x2063
Should you experience any technical difficulties registering, please email email@example.com.