Back to all blog posts
Oct 12, 2016
SR&ED & Other Government Financing Seminar
The Government Can Be a Great Source of Non-Dilutive Financing for Your Startup!
Financing a startup company for innovation or growth has always been a challenge. However, a plethora of government funding sources helps make Canada an attractive place to start and build a company. Both the federal and provincial governments provide financial support of over $20 billion through various funding programs each year.
Sourcing funding from SR&ED tax credits, non-repayable grants and interest-free loans can give early-stage companies the edge they need to finance growth. This seminar will cover the following topics:
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credits
- Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) funding
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) funding
- Federal Development Investing in Business Innovation (IBI) loans
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) support
- Structuring your company to take advantage of Canadian funding opportunities
If you need to extend your runway, consider doing so in a non-dilutive manner by taking advantage of government funding.
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
5:00 - 5:15 p.m. - Registration
5:15 - 6:30 p.m. - Seminar with Q&A
6:30 - 7:15 p.m. - Networking and Refreshments
Gerry Fung, Vice President of Business Services, NorthBridge Consultants
Mat Goldstein, Co-leader, Startups Team, Aird & Berlis LLP
Rebecca Kacaba, Co-leader, Startups Team, Aird & Berlis LLP
Aird & Berlis LLP
Brookfield Place, 181 Bay Street, Suite 1700
Toronto, ON M5J 2T9
Register to attend this event.