Back to all events
Jun 6, 2017: 09:00 - Oct 18, 2017: 10:00
Trending Labour and Employment Issues in the Automotive Parts Industry
Archive Now Available!
Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Time: 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. ET
With uncertainty surrounding trade agreements in the automotive sector, strikes and lockouts are worrisome possibilities for Canadian auto parts producers.
During this one-hour webinar, Aird & Berlis LLP’s labour law experts will discuss the importance of having your contingency plans in order and how you can minimize potential disruptions. Topics will include:
- Hiring, Layoffs and Terminations
- Drafting employment contracts? What you should include to deal with future layoffs/terminations.
- Understanding the Employment Standards Act requirements for layoffs/terminations.
- How can you mitigate the risk of constructive dismissal claims.
- Navigating Your Legal Obligations
- How to manage employee requests for accommodation based on family status.
- What you need to know about accommodating transgender employees.
- Labour Disruptions: Are You Prepared?
- Should you seek injunctive relief? Understanding injunctions and picketing.
- How to be prepared? The importance of having your contingency plans in order.
CPD for Lawyers: 1 Substantive Hour
CPD for HRPA and CHRP Members: 1 Hour
CLICK FOR ARCHIVE